Wanna wander to where the earth crumbles to the sea? #FollowOurFins for a weekly travel tale tempting you to explore our path to the peace- of-mind that you’re sure to find in Wellfleet on the dunes of Cape Cod!
Wellfleet is home to my favorite shores to explore when I want to wander where all my worries wash away as I play in the waves on the tide’s time; where everyday chaos is drowned out by the calming sound of the pounding surf. The rhythmic ebb and flow of nature soothes my soul the same way that music helps to heal a broken heart.
This is what I call Wellfleet Wellness...
7 Ways to Find Wellness in Wellfleet
Whether you’re reading along in search of seaside serenity spots, playing hooky from daily domestic duties, making family fun beach memories, or you’re just here for a free guide to adventures on Cape Cod and hidden gem destinations, just know that nature has paved a perfect path to peace for whoever wishes to wander to Wellfleet beaches…
1. Make Memories: July adventures had me pretty beat down and in need of rest. I went to Wellfleet with my teenage son and his “girl-that-is-only-a-friend” to ride waves, chill off-the-beaten path on White Crest Beach, and enjoy a catch-of-the-day dinner at the Beachcomber while watching the sunset over Cahoon Hollow Beach.
Time with your loved ones making precious memories--Priceless!
2. Adventure Awaits: Are you an adventurous spirit that seeks the sweet vulnerable feeling that washes over you as you carelessly walk right on by the “Shark Safety” warning signs?
Do YOU still swim at your own risk?!
I tend to wash up oceanside on my boogie board more often than I hang harbor-side in Wellfleet.
I keep track of where sharks wander on Cape Cod with my free Sharktivity app via Atlantic White Shark Conservancy. I get excited about a notification that swimming is temporarily banned on Marconi Beach due to a shark snacking on a seal nearby. If you’re anything like me, then you're still just as stoked to get your tail wet!
If so—then you’re seeking a rush that not many mermaids can claim. You're basically a fearless boss babe whose scales sparkle and shine! #Humblebrag
3. No Shell Phone Service: Most of the time I’m traveling around Wellfleet my phone has no signal—it’s nature's way of helping me unplug and get grounded. Instead of answering emails and posting on social media, why not try to embrace your inner child and play freely in the sand and sea?
4. Building Sand Connections: I always feel at peace when doing something creative. That’s why I found a way to make “work” part of my wellness journey. I spend time snapping shots to share my favorite brands and businesses that are making waves on Cape Cod. I pack my Planet Couture recycled newspaper clutch bag full of Mermaids on Cape Cod gems and trek down the dunes to a stranded sand art creation just to set up a mini display for your viewing pleasure.
I’m on a mermaid mission keeping you connected with all my favorite local brands, eco-friendly gear, artisan designers, and beach beautiful boutique fashion which are now easily accessible with one simple click on any photo right here in this blog!
5. Read & Relax: Grab yourself a book, newspaper, or magazine and bury your fins in the sand. While eagerly turning the pages of the latest book by my favorite author, Elin Hilderbrand, I imagine drifting away to Nantucket where I am a character caught up in a sizzling summer drama.
Hey, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. #Confession
6. Beachcombing: The breathtaking view of the mighty sand dunes that seem to endlessly cascade and crumble down to the sea always helps me leave my worries behind to wash away with the tide like my fin-prints. It’s important we find ways to remind ourselves how much we have to be grateful for; that’s why I love to wander along the shoreline splashing at the water’s edge, combing the beach in search of washed up treasures to add to my travel tale collections back home.
7. Eat, Shop & Play: Once the sun starts to set behind the massive dunes, I grab my gear and head back up to "The Comah" for a grilled chicken sandwich and a frozen Miami Vice. #WellfleetWellness
Wellfleet Beachcomber, better known to the locals as "The Comah" is one of my favorite one-stop-spots to experience all the wonders of Cape Cod National Seashore! My goal as a Wandering Mermaid is to guide you to hidden gems where you can wander off-the-beaten- path.
Why should you wander to Welfleet for wellness?
- Breathtaking views of Cahoon Hollow Beach
- Surfers and seals frolicking in the waves
- Arrive early enough to experience all the wonders of Wellfleet
Sea for yourself in the photo below! I'm literally posing right in front of my car in the parking lot at the top of the sand dunes rockin' my #GetNauti Racerback Tank and my new favorite Cape Cod Coastal Clutch!
Click on Any Blog Photo or Follow the Links Below
Shop My Sponsored #BeachBeautiful Gear by
Just Beachy Jenny's Arm Candy Stack
Have a question? Comment on this Blog Or Seamail Me: CapeCodWanderingMermaid@Gmail.Com
Find Us On Facebook:
*Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with Mermaids on Cape Cod, however, as always, all opinions are my own.